General Medicine : Experience .

General medicine.
Hi,
I am M.Yashwitha studying final year MBBS in India.
In this log  I am going to share about my experience which I experienced during my postings.



CBBLE ( Case based blended learning ecosystem) PAJR PARTICIPATORY LEARNING ACTION RESEARCH DISCLAIMER



NOTE: THIS IS AN ONLINE E LOGBOOK TO DISCUSS OUR PATIENT'S DE-IDENTIFIED HEALTH DATA SHARED AFTER TAKING HIS/HER GUARDIAN'S SIGNED INFORMED CONSENT. HERE WE DISCUSS OUR INDIVIDUAL PATIENT'S PROBLEMS THROUGH A SERIES OF INPUTS FROM THE AVAILABLE GLOBAL ONLINE COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS INTENDING TO SOLVE THOSE CLINICAL PROBLEMS WITH COLLECTIVE CURRENT BEST EVIDENCE-BASED INPUT.
   


Case -1
 
55 Years old male Patient with Nephrotic syndrome.
 This was the first case I took during my 3rd semester.
Blog link:

https://73myashwitha.blogspot.com/2021/08/general-medicine.html

At that time I just started to take case history ,but I don't know how to take the history ,so my seniors helped me , how to take the history  and even they showed me how to perform general examination .
That was the first time I felt very blessed to join in medicine and I am very happy ,when the patient was able to share his information with me. Through this case I learned about the doctor patient relationship.


Case discussion:

55 year old man, owns a restaurant at choutuppal presented with the complaints of

Bilateral lower limb swelling since 1 month

Reduced urine out since 20 days

Abdominal distension since 7 days

Scrotal swelling since 4 days.

22 years back:  He got diagnosed with pulmonary kochas for which he used ATT for 6 months .

He developed hypertension 10 days before the diagnosis of Nephrotic syndrome .

In general examination I learned how to check for clubbing of fingers and from my seniors I saw how to perform systemic examination.

I  am excited to make blogs and their presentation in the class ,infront of my seniors ,at first I felt tensed but our HOD sir encouraged me to present the case.

It was a memorable day in  my medical College life.


Case 2:

Kartagenrs syndrome with viral pneumonia 


26 YEAR OLD MALE WITH SOB, COUGH AND FEVER..

Blog link:

https://73myashwitha.blogspot.com/2021/12/general-medicine_76.html

This was one of the intersting case ,I took during my medicine postings. The patient's case history is very interesting,he explained all the events from his birth. He also mentioned that he was very unhappy from the birth because , he was suffering from some of the  infections,that his immunity is weak he was not able to play like other children during his childhood.He felt very distressed  when he described the his past events. He even went many hospitals before coming to our hospital. His parents had consagnious marriage ,because of that  he thinks ,they are the reason for his illness. 

When I got to know  about kartageners syndrome,I felt excited to perform examination on the patient with that curiosity l learnt everything about this syndrome.

I felt sorry for him ,because he was in anguish. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

60 yr old male CKD on maintenance hemodialysis with anemia of chronic disease with hypertension.

OSCE question for chronic kidney disease , maintenance hemodialysis with anemia and Hypertension.

36 year male ,chest pain since 2 months and history of Aortic valvotomy in 1997